Klen allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including ratings, reviews, photos, and videos. We expect our users to take COVID-19 and safety just as seriously as Klen does, but if you have any doubts or questions, we have created these general guidelines.
Please read the guidelines below to guide you for the content that you might choose to contribute to the Klen ratings of establishments, you visit.
●Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate. Klen reviews are for COVID-19 safety precautions, not complaints about poor service, food quality or a bad haircut. And especially not for political ideologies or other things that don’t address the core of consumer – your – safety.
● Inappropriate content: We cannot tolerate harassment, vulgarity, lewd or offensive language, hate speech and other displays of bigotry.
● Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. Please don’t write reviews of your own business, your employer’s business, businesses owned by your friends and relatives. You should also not write reviews on your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your supply chain or networking ecosystem.
● Promotional content: Please do not add promotional content, Klen is for public safety and any promotional content will be managed by us. Please do use your Customer Storefront to add content to your business’s profile page, but please focus on safety protocols and how you’re keeping your business, employees and customers safe.
● Privacy: Please do not post close-up photos or videos of other patrons or employees without their permission. Please do not post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names. And definitely do not publicize other people’s private information.
● Intellectual property: If you care about your COVID safety, you’re smart and we want your contributions. But if it isn’t yours, please don’t use it. Please don’t “borrow” content from other sites, other users or third-party sources.
To help prevent the spread of COVID – and to help you and your family and friends make informed decisions about which establishments are safe – your review should be as factual as possible. Klen is not here to poke fun at others that don’t agree with you. Please focus on the information we and your fellow consumers need to accurately assess how COVID-Klen a business really is.
- Accuracy: Please ensure your review is factually correct. Opinions based on your preferences are fine. But please don’t misrepresent or exaggerate your experience, in either direction, good or bad.
- Be specific: Please be specific and not general. The Klen Score will be better if you do.
- Don’t assume: (like you father always told you…) Try not to draw conclusions that will affect your views without taking the time to make correct observations.
- Personal experience: We want the COVID relevant information that you saw, not what you heard from someone else. And remember, Klen only accepts geo-fenced reviews.
- Compensation: We are in a pandemic, so please don’t use your Klen review as a threat to a business. You should definitely not use your review as a way to extract payment or compensation from a business. It’s not just bad, but the stakes of people getting sick are just too high.
- Review updates: If you do update your review, it should reflect something new, like a new insight to an old review, or you and business owner have Klen Chatted and you have a new view. Either way, you will be able to edit your review within 2 days of posting it.
Photo and Video Guidelines
Business photos and videos should be relevant to your consumer experience with relevant COVID-19 related information, such as:
- employees wearing masks or gloves
- hand sanitizer availability
- business statements of cleaning products
- table and patron spacing
- front door checks
Please do not post pictures of food, drinks, your bad haircut, botched tattoo or anything else that doesn’t make sense to show how COVID-clean the place is. There are many other good sites and apps for that. Photos or videos that stray into subject matter less relevant to COVID safety will most likely be removed from the photo gallery.
Klen Chat Guidelines
If a business owner contacts you over Klen Chat, remember to be respectful and listen to what they have to say. Be respectful and follow the General Guidelines above.
Business Account Guidelines
We strongly encourage our business Customers to interact with the community, and tell your clients how you are looking out for their safety. Your obligations are covered in your Agreement with Klen, but to ensure everything is clear:
- Focus on safety: Please do use your Customer Storefront to add content to your business’s profile page, but please focus on safety protocols and how you’re keeping your business, employees and customers safe.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions must be factually correct and please don’t write reviews of your own business, your employer’s business, or businesses owned by your friends and relatives.
- Be nice: You should also not write reviews on your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your supply chain or networking ecosystem.
- Do not request reviews or offer payment: Please do not ask customers to review your business on Klen. Our AI will eventually figure it out and may note the bias on your business page. You should also never offer compensation in any way in exchange for reviews.
- Promotional content: Please do not add promotional content to your Customer Storefront outside the boundaries set in your Agreement with Klen. Klen is for public safety and promotional content, if any, will be managed by us.
- Public Comments: The Klen Chat is the best way to resolve a dispute with an unhappy customer. Don’t be tempted to place public comments on your Customer Storefront to launch personal attacks, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Video and Photos: This is a very effective way to promote your safety standards but please keep it to relevant topics and avoid anything inappropriate like violence, nudity or suggestive acts. And competition should be friendly so don’t disparage others in what you post.
Klen Chat Guidelines
The same guidelines for consumers go for the business as well: If you contact a consumer over Klen Chat, remember that this is for non-commercial use only. Be respectful and follow the General Guidelines above.